Sunday 31 July 2011

Dwarf Wizards

029 Dwarf Wizards

Just a quick post, as I'm running late this week. The end is in site for the Dad's Army figures, and this week should see the civilians finished :-)

The diorama idea has changed slightly - to become more complicated, naturally. I'm still having it set in the church hall, but I'm now planning to put the back wall of the church in as well, rather than simply the floor. Anyway, I've just started thinking about that, so that's for a different post...

This week, some Dwarf wizards. In traditional fantasy canon, Dwarfs are not known for their magic use - in fact, they're considered quite resistant to it and unable to work with it, except through runes. However, this has not always been the case, and Citadel used to make quite a few "proper" wizards.

Wizard 1 Wizard 2 Wizard 3

Wizard 5 Wizard 6 Wizard 7

I think this one is a wizard - not sure what else he could be, and he was with the other wizards.

Wizard 4

Finally, for the more traditionalists out there, a Rune Lord (I think. Mainly I'm going by the book he's carrying, but he could just as well be a standard bearer...)

Wizard 8

That's all for now. I've just downloaded Google Sketchup, to help with planning the Dad's Army diorama layout, so I'd better go and have a play with that...

1 comment:

  1. I have one of those minis. Lovely work mate.
    https://woolshedwargamer.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/norse-dwarves-2-5.jpg

    ReplyDelete