Sunday 26 May 2013

Chaos Demons

Another trip to the 80s this post, with some early Citadel Chaos demons (including the Epic scale versions) and the Grenadier Skeleton Giant.

Bit of a mixed bag this week. My plan was to show the 28mm and Epic demons side by side. However, I only have two of the 28mm Demons and one of them isn't painted.

Anyway...

Greater Daemon of Slaanesh

Slaanesh Keeper of Secrets in both 28mm and Epic (10mm). For anyone reading the picture titles, I had thought this was Khorne, but it seems I was wrong. That had the potential to put incorrect information on the Internet, spoiling its perfect record of absolute truth, but fortunately I had the foresight to spell Khorne incorrectly. Sighs of relief can be heard around the planet :-)

Knorne 28 mm Front Knorne 28 mm Back Knorne 28 mm Side

The Epic and 28mm versions side by side

Khorne 28 mm Epic

Epic 40k Daemons

Below are Epic scale versions of three of the daemons: the Greater Daemon of Nurgle, the Greater Daemon of Slaanesh and the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch.

Epic Demons Front Epic Demons Back

I have the 28mm version of the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, but have never painted it. There are various reasons for this, but the main one is that the figure looks like a giant budgie. I seem to remember I glued it together with some old Araldite two-part epoxy, so I suspect I'll have to dismantle and clean it if I ever change my mind.

I never particularly liked the 28mm version of the Nurgle daemon, so never bought it. I do regret that slightly, as I think it would fit in with my modern Demon Apocalypse setting. I may pick up the current version at some point, but there's no hurry.

In addition to the Citadel stuff, I also have the Grenadier Skeleton Giant, which seems to fit the theme of this post.

Skeleton Giant

and the figure compared to a standard Grenadier skeleton

Skel Giant Comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment