Sunday 5 April 2015

Old School Skaven Part 1

Pictures of some of my Skaven from the 80s and 90s

I have never been a huge fan of the Skaven, but have a reasonable number of figures in my collection. One of the problems is that I found that I hated painting them. This was back in the day before washes and dips, and I found painting the fur mind numbingly boring. I originally had plans to paint up a far larger force, but settled for the ones I had. I occasionally think about adding some more figures/monsters, but then the memory of painting them floods back and I change my mind.

The first group are the Skaven from the original Advanced Heroquest game. These were quite early plastics for GW, but they have held up reasonably well over the years.

Hero Quest Skaven

Next up are a unit of Skaven slave slingers. I've just checked GW's site, and the sling arms are now a separate product to let you upgrade the unit of Skaven slaves. Weird...

Skaven Slingers

Some Plague Censer Bearers

Plague Censers

Warpfire Thrower. I don't see this on the GW site, so it may have been lost to the mists of time/the warp.

Warpfire Thrower

A Warplock Jezzail team. I think I may have another of these unpainted somewhere.

Jezzail

Finally, some bigwigs. I think the chap on the right is a Grey Seer, and the middle one is a Skaven Warlord, but I could be wrong. Not sure who the one on the left is.

Characters

More to come over the following months

No comments:

Post a Comment