Sunday 16 January 2011

Recently Completed

Just a few photos of a couple of recently completed miniatures.

The first figure is a 54 mm WW2 British infantryman from the Tamiya British Infantry on Patrol box. I finished painting him early last year, but only got around to basing him a couple of weeks ago. It's the first 54 mm figure I've painted, and was done mostly as a learning exercise. It's not great, but looks okay in a dark display cabinet.





The next figure was the second 54 mm figure I started, and the third I finished :-) He was another learning exercise, but got interrupted when I had to concentrate on Blackbeard. I finally finished painting him late last year, and based him at the same time as the British figure.

The model is a Wee Friends Miniatures late imperial Roman auxiliary. It's an okay figure, but took a lot of filling at the shoulders and there were some annoying resin "blobs" on the figure, including one under his left eye that left a flat area when I removed it. I made a mess of his spear, which I cut too short, but again, early attempt, and I learned quite a few things, so overall I'm happy enough.





There are also some Pig Iron heavy weapon troopers and pirates completed, but I'll get them based and varnished before photographing them



No comments:

Post a Comment