Sunday 6 March 2011

Recently finished Zombie Hunters

Finished these guys a couple of weeks ago. They're a selection of figures, including Studio Miniatures, Reaper, Hasslefree and one figure I can't remember who/where I got him (it may have been at a wargame show)

They took quite a while, as I decided to paint them "properly". This included multiple shading and highlighting levels and all the modern stuff. Overall, I'm quite pleased with them, so I suppose the extra time and effort was worth it.



Studio Miniatures Wizard of Oz survivors group. I'm not quite sure why I split them across two different base types, but I don't think it matters too much. Some nice fun figures that will hopefully do well on the tabletop.



Reaper figure (Berkeley). Really enjoyed painting this one. I think her top should have been a different colour, but other than that I'm happy with it. I even added dirt and blood to the trousers and top, which is quite unusual for me. Annoyingly, they don't show up well on the photo :-(



Two Hasslefree figures (Jess and Morgan) next to the Reaper figure. They're quite demanding to paint, as the details are very fine. Makes a nice change to work with realistically scaled weapons, heads and hands (*cough* Games Workshop *cough* :-) ).



I'm not sure if the trousers on Jess are jeans or chaps. I painted them up as chaps, but have seen other versions treating them as jeans. The colour is also far more yellow than I had intended. I used Foundry Buff, but I really need to tone it down if I use it again. I think the Vallejo USA tan that I used on the shotgun guy's jacket (below), would have been a better choice.



closeup of the Hasslefree Morgan figure armed with a pistol



Not sure where I got him, but he painted up well enough. The jacket took about five or six coats before I was happy with the coverage. I tried stubble on both him and the scarecrow figure from the first group. I think it looks okay (looks less harsh on the figure than the photo suggests), so it'll be getting used on more figures.

I now have quite a backlog of completed miniatures waiting to be varnished. Hopefully the warmer weather will let me back into the loft and I'll get them done.






No comments:

Post a Comment