Sunday 24 April 2011

Demon Bad Guys 1

016 Demon Bad Guys 1

I'm still busy doing "proper" painting on my latest figures, which means they're going very slowly. I'm also in danger of interrupting my interruptions; I interrupted my 54mm crossbow build to work on shield patterns for my Mantic skeletons. This itself was interrupted to base and paint up (quick and dirty) some Bag O'Zombie plastics. Now that interruption's gone, the latest is to clean and prepare some figures for a diorama I'm planning. I should probably try for a queue, rather than a stack based approach to projects :-)

All that being said, there's not actually anything to show at the moment, as I forgot to take work in progress pictures of Studio McVey's Lt. Kara Black and the Bag O'Zombie figures. However, while forgetting to take those pictures, I did take some others.

In an earlier post I showed the Grey Knights (Citadel Cadian conversions) that I built for my demon apocalypse project. This week, I thought I'd show some of the Bad Guys. These are mostly a mix of Citadel, West Wind, Foundry and Urban Mammoth (as well as anything that looks suitably monsterly).

There are quite a few figures, although they tend to be more individuals or small groups of two or three, rather than being organised into gangs and factions. This is something I will have to look at, possibly bringing them up to a strength of ten or so per faction.

The Citadel figures are just ones from the Warhammer or 40k ranges that looked suitable. I bought Citadel's latest Dark Elf Wytches, and got the Hellions for my birthday. I'm still to paint them (still to unbox them if truth be told), but they'll make some useful demonic slavers when they're finished. Other likely candidates are the plastic demonettes (I have a couple of the older metal ones) and probably some bloodletters (again, I have a couple of the metal ones)

Anyway, enough words, onto the pictures :-) This first post covers some of the leader figures. A future post will look at the foot soldiers.

First up is a group of West Wind vampires

Vampire 1 Vampire 2 Vampire 3

Vampire 4 Vampire 5

I need either to take shots from further away or do some tasteful blurring, as the painting on some of these figures is a lot worse than I remember.

Next are some Urban Mammoth figures, although I think they were still I-Kore when I bought them.

Scorpion Demon Demon 1 Demon 3

A Foundry Elf figure, if memory serves

Demon 2

and a female necromancer, whose manufacturer escapes me at present (I just paint figures I like, so I unbox them when I buy them and several months/years later I paint them - by which time their details have been forgotten)

Necromancer

I have a few photos of some of the lower order demons, so I'll post them up next time. Lt. Kara Black is also getting dangerously close to being finished, so hopefully some pictures of her soon - unless I decide to undo the camouflage on her trousers, which hasn't really worked :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment