Sunday 26 June 2011

Joseph Bugman

024 Joseph Bugman

I actually finished a couple of figures recently (bases and everything). They were fun to paint, but took far too long (not because of a lack of painting time, more because I spent too much time on details that will never be seen).

The two figures were the Joseph Bugman figures that were/are only available from Bugman's Bar at Games Workshop's HQ in Nottingham. I bought the figures when I visited Warhammer World a couple of years ago, but only got around to painting them recently.

The Bugman standing over the spilled pint comes with a choice of stool or axe, and I opted for the axe - much more Dwarfy.

The figures themselves are nice enough, although some of the casting leaves a lot to be desired - there are a couple of places where detail just disappears. Given that I was trying to paint "properly", this proved frustrating on more than one occasion!

I made a floor base for the Bugman standing on the barrels. This was just some textured plasticard that I cut with my compass cutters (I didn't manage to get the whole way through the card, but got enough that I could get the circle out and clean it up). I happily superglued the barrels to the card, without bothering to check how much contact they had with each other. On checking later, it wasn't a lot, so the model won't be leaving the display cabinet. The base and barrels were then attached to a Voodooworx pedestal.

JB Barrels Front JB Barrels Back

Not sure where the hair across his face came from. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until I was checking the pictures, several hours after I had put away all the photography gear.

The other figure came with a base, so I just glued it directly to the pedestal.

JB Spilled Pint Front JB Spilled Pint Back

In addition to the two new figures, I have a couple of other Bugman models, painted a long time ago (but in this galaxy).

The first is from one of the later Bugman's Rangers sets (possibly generation two), with his banner pole removed, as it looked silly.

JB Orig Front JB Orig Back

and the one, of course, from the original Bugman's Rangers set.

Bugman Ranger Commander

I'm fairly sure I have Bugman's cart somewhere, still unpainted (I certainly have the horse). I'll need to have a rummage at some point, as it would be nice to round out the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment