Sunday 18 September 2011

Dwarf Shortbows

036 Dwarf Shortbows

I have quite a few things almost finished, and as I'm on holiday next week, I have high hopes of actually completing a lot of the stuff. Until then, however, it's more Dwarfs from ye olden days.

As mentioned on more than one occasion, I have no gunpowder in my army, and the army is composed of single figures (with a few exceptions). This may cause a few problems ranking them up, but does give, in my opinion, a much more interesting visual spectacle.

Memory is a funny thing. If you had asked me how many Dwarf shortbows I had in the army, I would have said about fifteen. However, on searching through the drawer for them, it turns out I have eight. I suppose with a musician and standard bearer (and possibly a separate commander), it takes the unit size up to ten or eleven, but still fewer than I thought.

Anyway, the archers below are from Citadel and Grenadier, circa 1980s, possibly 1990s.

Some members of the unit

Shortbow 1 Shortbow 2 Shortbow 3

Some more members

Shortbow 6 Shortbow 7 Shortbow 8

In the final group shot, one of the dwarfs appears to be armed with a spear rather than a bow. The picture below shows be does, infact, have both

Shortbow 5

I'm not sure where and when I got the Robin Hood figure below. According to stunties.com, it was a promotional figure from the Nottingham store opening. I have never been to the Nottingham store, certainly not back however many years it was, so I don't know what route he took to my army.

Shortbow 4

Finally, the group shot.

Shortbow Group

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I just discovered your blog and I am loving it! Your dwarves are a treat! Especially nice to see Dwarven Archers! And I really like how you mix and match dwarves from different manufacturers together. Is there a whole army group shot out there? Thanks for your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the comment. The one army shot in existence was taken several years ago with a very old camera and is extremely blurry.

    It hadn't actually occurred to me to do a new army picture, so I'll try and get all the figures together sometime this year - thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete