Sunday 4 September 2011

Chaos Dwarfs

034 Chaos Dwarfs

No Dad's Army news this week. I'm working on the new floor piece, but still have to paint it - yet another fun hour of scribing. I'm beginning to understand why people buy laser cutters: it saves so much time and effort. Sadly, it's not cost effective for me, but, when I win the lottery!!

I've just started painting the Pig Iron command group, wardroids and Imperial Guard Sentinels, so there's nothing to show with them either.

Instead, it's back to my Dwarfs and some more figures from many many years ago. This time it's the turn of the Chaos Dwarfs.

These guys were originally painted as a unit for my regular dwarf army, fighting alongside their less chaotic brothers (and a few sisters). Not sure how that fits with any background canon, but that's not my problem :-)

Chaos Dwarf 1

Chaos Dwarf 2

Chaos Dwarf 3

They go together as a unit as shown below

Chaos Unit 1

Chaos Unit 2

Being sneaky chaos types, as I was putting the figures away after photographing them, I found another one who'd been hiding (in a manly, Chaos way, of course).

Chaos Dwarf 4

I did pick up a couple of chaos dwarf centaurs at one point. It was during Citadel's "big hat" period, so I decided to replace the giant hat with something more sensible. It never really worked, so I didn't finish the test piece. It's still lying around, so maybe I'll revisit it at some point. If nothing else, it could join the Dwarf Cavalry unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment