Saturday 18 August 2012

Finished SF Adventurers

Some science fiction adventurers and starship crew figures that I finished recently.

The first three are Reaper Chronoscope figures, and are fairly generic adventurer types.

Although listed in the science fiction category, this figure wouldn't be out of place in pretty much any period from Pulp onwards - although the base I've used for him does restrict the choice somewhat :-)

Advent 1 Front Advent 1 Back

First of the female adventurers, Veronica Blaze.

Advent 2 Front Advent 2 Back

The other female adventurer, Jessica Blaze (a restless family, by the looks of it), in a somewhat more static pose.

Advent 3 Front Advent 3 Back

Next up is Captain Kara Black from Studio McVey (nice to see she's been promoted, although the loss of her arm is a high price to pay for career advancement).

Kara Black Front Kara Black Back

There's a crumpled can on her base that I took a while deciding how to paint. My initial thought was to paint it as a diet coke can, given that I live on the stuff, but the colour scheme wasn't inspiring. I then considered a normal coke can, but, after seeing an episode of Futurama, I decided that it really had to be a can of Slurm. A bit of searching to find some decent pictures and I was ready. Overall I'm fairly happy with the outcome, even if it requires a magnifying glass to see.

Kara Black Slurm

The bases on all these figures are Infinity bases from Antenocitis Workshop. I decided on these rather than generic street bases just to liven things up. They are quite tall, however, with the groundwork added to the top of a standard slottabase.

The final figures are from Effigy miniatures, their spaceship crew. I really like these figures, although they suggest a cleaner, more hi-tech future than I generally envisage (most of my futures are slightly dystopian, or at least grungier, as illustrated by the muted colour schemes applied to the adventurers).

The jump suits on the figures are all two tone, with a lighter tone on the front and a darker one on the back - just in case it doesn't show up on the photographs.

I painted the "Recon" figure wearing red (her, not me), as there are some traditions that you just have to follow :-)

Recon Front Recon Back

Next up is the "Hacker". I had a cunning plan to glaze over the eye with the display, to make it seem as though she was looking through a screen, but it didn't work, so I just painted the thing in a solid colour.

Hacker Front Hacker Back

Finally, the "Pilot"

Pilot Front Pilot Back

No comments:

Post a Comment