Saturday 22 December 2012

Citadel Goblin Raiding Party

Given that the world was meant to end yesterday, I held off preparing this post - no point spending time writing if nobody was going to be around to read it. However, given that the world's still here, this week there be Goblins...

Much as I'm a Dwarfer at heart, they do need someone to fight, so I painted up an Orc and Goblin army many moons ago. Amongst the army are the Citadel Speciality Set 4 - Goblin Raiding Party from 1982 (yup, I am that old).

The original box has long gone (or is possibly still in the loft somewhere), so I aplogise if I get any names wrong. I'm taking the names from the Solegends link above and showing them in the same order (even though that's not the base number order).

The figures were painted using Humbrol and Airfix enamels and have been both gloss and matt varnished at various times.

Warlord Ubar Earbiter - Goblin Chieftain

Earbiter Front Earbiter Back

Urag Legeater with warpick

Legeater Front Legeater Back

Snurd Hideflayer

Hideflayer Front Hideflayer Back

Bulbug Orcleaver

Bulbug Front Bulbug Back

D'glish Sharpcut

Dglish Sharpcut Front Dglish Sharpcut Back

Norgus the Flatulant

Norgus Front Norgus Back

Shaman Pogo Wildchant

Shaman Front Shaman Back

Gigblad Childsplatter

Gigblad Front Gigblad Back

Zurgush Wartpicker

Zurgush Front Zurgush Back

Torg Dwarfsmasher

Torg Front Torg Back

The full raiding party

Raiding Party Group

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Not many pictures of these figures on the net so great to see a full set painted. Currently painting some up myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. These are great little figures, I'm sure you'll enjoy painting them.

    Don't forget to post some pictures when you're done :-)

    ReplyDelete