Sunday 12 October 2014

Orctober 2014

Apparently it's Orctober, so below are a few classic (i.e. old) Citadel and Grenadier Orcs.

I don't know who comes up with these themes, but this is one that I can contribute to. These are just a few figures from my Orc army. For the reason why they're brown, rather than green, see this post.

Citadel Orcs

Orc 1 Front Orc 1 BackOrc 3

In the interests of full disclosure, that isn't some brilliant freehand warpaint on the middle Orc in the first picture (though I wish it was). When I first painted these figures I gloss varnished them. I did later respray them with matt varnish, but the effect is just the light hitting the varnish. My own, less than stellar freehand skills can be seen on the shield on the left hand figure of the first group. I'd like to say that my freehand painting has improved in the twenty or so (ouch) years since, but it hasn't.

Grenadier Orcs

Orc 2 Front Orc 2 Back

Good chunky Orcs. At some point I should really do some skirmish gaming with my fantasy stuff. When I come to choose figures for the Orc warband, these guys will definitely be at the head of the queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment