Sunday 15 September 2013

Orcs used to be brown

So, much like the Klingons between the original series and the Next Generation, Citadel Orcs suffered some genetic mutation that turned their skin from brown to green. This post will allow the brown Orcs to reclaim their rightful place in Orc history.

Full disclosure - I'm not a huge fan of Orcs. However, I needed somebody to fight against my Dwarfs, so many moons ago, when the Earth was still one giant continent, I collected an Orc army.

I'm fairly sure that when I started GW were still painting theirs brown, so when they changed I happily ignored them and kept on with my original colour scheme. Over the years I'd come to doubt that they were ever brown, but in one of the recent anniversary editions of White Dwarf (which of course I can't find at the moment), they admitted to it.

There will be more pictures in the coming months, but for now, some teasers. Despite my not being a big Orc fan, I really like quite a lot of the early figures. My army is mostly from the 80s and 90s, and there are some Grenadier figures in the mix as well.

Couple of Orcs Shamans to start off

Orc Shaman 1 Front Orc Shaman 1 Back

Orc Shaman 2 Front Orc Shaman 2 Back

An Orc boss - one of my favourite figures (I should really do a top 10 favourite figures list at some point, but I'm pretty sure there will be more than 10 figures in it)

Orc Boss Front Orc Boss Back

Finally, for now, a Grenadier archer

Orc Archer Front Orc Archer Back

No comments:

Post a Comment