Sunday 1 May 2011

Demon Bad Guys 2

017 Demon Bad Guys 2

These are some of the other bad guys involved in the Demon apocalypse (the first figures were introduced here)

I moved the camera back a bit with these figures, going more for group shots than individual close-ups, especially as the paint jobs really don't stand up to the scrutiny of a macro lens :-(

First up, some of the old Citadel cultists. They did some others, but these were the only ones that fitted in with the background. I seem to remember the others had unfeasibly large guns, or were otherwise unsuitable.

Cultists

Old Citadel metal Dark Eldar/Elf Wytches. I really hated painting these figures, and I think it shows :-) The colour choice makes them look like angry Smurfs, which wasn't really my intention.

Dark Elves

And what would Dark Eldar be without a blood altar?

Demon Altar

I do have the new Dark Edlar Wytch plastics, with more of a plan for their background (mercenary slavers from the Demon dimension - actually pretty much their role in GW lore when you think about it), so hopefully I won't mind painting them so much. I picked up the VodooWorx alien temple bases recently, and I plan to use those for bases for the new Wytches.

Next up are some of the different types of I-Kore/Urban Mammoth spider demon monsters. I don't remember seeing them on the Urban Mammoth site, so I'm not sure if they're still available.

Spider Demon 1 Spider Demon 2 Spider Demon 3

There are a lot of red figures hanging around in my collection. Quite a few of them are nothing but red, and this is something I need to vary a bit in future painting.

Claw Demon

As well as the Master Vampires from last week, there are also some mid-level vampires

Vampires Group

And finally, on a completely unrelated topic - I found this old Citadel Limited Edition miniature hanging out in the demon drawer. This was a range that Citadel did back in the 1980s, releasing non-themed figures (on a monthly basis, if memory serves). This is the Chaos Jester - apologies for the dodgy colour balance, he and the camera didn't get along at all.

Jester Front Jester Back

No comments:

Post a Comment