Sunday 27 November 2011

Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Horsemen of the Apocalypse

A few years ago, I painted up some figures to represent the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Pestilence and Death.

Having just checked on Wikipedia, it seems I got it wrong, and it should be Conquest, rather than Pestilence. The article does mention that Pestilence "is generally espoused by those unfamiliar with the actual Bible texts which describe the Four Horsemen" - which definitely includes me. However, as I painted these up for my own Demon Apocalypse background, I figure some leeway is permitted.

The figures are Citadel and I-Kore.

War

Archaon, the Everchosen. This was a metal figure when I bought it, and about half the price it's currently showing on the Games Workshop website.

War 1 War 2

Famine

I think this was one of Games Workshop's old Vampire Counts models, but I can't find it on their website.

Famine 1 Famine 2

Pestilence

I used to think that there were separate Plague and Pestilence horsemen, hence the slight overlap in look between the Famine and Pestilence figures. When it comes to disease, however, you can't beat Nurgle.

Citadel Lord of Nurgle

Plague 1 Plague 2

Death

I think this was an old I-Kore/Celtos figure, although I can't find any pictures at the moment to prove/disprove my belief.

Death 1 Death 2

The Four Horsemen

All four of them together, ready to ride out...

Horsemen

No comments:

Post a Comment