Sunday 20 November 2011

Terminators

Terminators

Following on from last week's Imperial Guard and assorted figures from the Rogue Trader era, this week brings some of the Terminators from that period.

Terminator 1

I've been looking at the current Terminators on Games Workshop's site, and I'm quite surprised by how little they've changed. The new ones have a bit more action to their poses, but the static poses of the originals make them look more solid and imposing. The weapons, too, are much the same, although the bolter design has changed slightly. It's nice to see the assault cannon hasn't changed, as it is one of my all-time favourite weapons.

Terminator 2

If I ever wake up one morning, having magically learned how to sculpt whilst asleep, one of my first figures will be a 54mm Terminator with an assault cannon. If that makes me sad, so be it :-) (I draw comfort from the many worlds theory, as it means this event has already happened somewhere. If alternative "me" can figure out how to send this "me" the figure, I'd be very grateful. Unfortunately, the "me" that figures that part out probably won't have time to sculpt the figure...)

I also like the Cyclone missile launcher, as well as the flamers. My least favourite weapon is the claws, but, given the Terminators' origins fighting Genestealers in Space Hulk, even the claws make sense.

Terminator 3

Speaking of Space Hulk, the plastic Terminators in the original game left a lot to be desired. (I have the original version and the first of the supplements, Deathwing, although I didn't bother with the new version they released a couple of years ago)

Terminator Original

There were a number of these, all with the same pose (there may have been a flamer version, but I can't remember where in the loft the box is, so I can't check at the moment), and all pretty bad. I used them to test out colour schemes for the metal Terminators when they came out, and they are still lying around somewhere, unpainted and never likely to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment