Saturday 12 January 2013

Finished Pig Iron Ferals

First completed figures of 2013 - some Pig Iron Kolony Feral troops.

The figures are from the Pig Iron Kolony Feral range, although there may be one or two figures from some of their other Kolony groups in there. I decided to keep the colour scheme quite simple, and to try and create a "scavenged" look -  as if they'd obtained their uniforms and equipment from a number of different sources.

Painting was just base colour, shading with Citadel washes (the old ones - I still haven't bought any of the new ones) then quick highlights. Weapons were edged with dark grey rather than metal. Not having to paint any flesh was a welcome change.

I'm not sure the ground really worked out. I basecoated in Vallejo black-red, washed with Citadel Wash Gryphonne Sepia, then highlighted with a mix of Vallejo black-red and orange-red. The highlight looked okay when it was wet, but pretty much disappeared when it dried :-(

Pig Iron do other troops in the Feral range, so I may pick up some more figures from them at some point.

Heavy weapons figures

Pig Iron Feral 1

Command figures - rather a lot for such a small unit

Pig Iron Feral 2

Ferals with guns

Pig Iron Feral 3

More Ferals with guns, including sniper rifle

Pig Iron Feral 4

I slightly converted one of the command figures. The original had a weird mace thing in his right hand, and looked more 40K than I was happy with. I removed it, then cut down a spare laser pistol type weapon I had lying around and glued it to his hand.

Pig Iron Feral 5 Pig Iron Feral 6

The completed unit.

Pig Iron Feral Group

No comments:

Post a Comment