Sunday 29 September 2013

Finished Starport Figures

I recently finished some starport workers and some astronauts. Pictures below...

First up are the 4A Miniatures Jim and the Fix it Crew. Nothing special to report on these guys. Nice chunky sculpts, fairly simple paint jobs. Even though it probably doesn't show, I took the opportunity to practise two brush blending on the boilersuits.

Worker 1 _ Front Worker 1 _ Back

Worker 2 _ Front Worker 2 _ Back

Worker 3 _ Front Worker 3 _ Back

This is a Reaper robot, part of a set with a technician. The technician comes in two parts, and when I was basing her she needed some work to fix a large gap between the parts. This meant she wasn't ready in time, so she'll be painted in a future group.

Robot Left Robot Right

Worker Group

The astronauts are a mix of Reaper and Crooked Dice (I bought the separate astronaut heads sprue from Crooked Dice, as I wanted all the helmets closed).

I'm not crazy on the colour scheme. I chose light grey on purpose, as I didn't want white, but I'm not sure I like this any better...

I used Fenris Games' Sulaco Bases. These are nice, but I'm never sure how I'm meant to attach the figures to the bases. Just gluing them on gives very little surface area actually holding the figure, and the gaps mean there's no way to pin them without drilling through the bottom of the base. In the end I cut the slotta tabs down to a rectangle under each foot, then filed them down so they fitted into the gaps in the grille. This at least gives quite a large contact area between the parts, and so far they seem firmly attached.

Astronaut 1 _ Front Astronaut 1 _ Back

Astronaut 2 _ Front Astronaut 2 _ Back

Astronaut 3 _ Front Astronaut 3 _ Back

Astronaut 4 _ Front Astronaut 4 _ Back

The Reaper astronaut is taller than the Crooked Dice ones, but not by as much as I'd expected.

Astronaut Group

No comments:

Post a Comment