Saturday 10 March 2012

Champions of Chaos

Champions of Chaos

More time travelling this week, as we journey back to 1982 and the original Champions of Chaos boxed set.

Using Stuff of Legends as reference, these figures are from Speciality Set 1, the version with separate heads and shields.

Much as I remember building and painting them, they were really just bought to give my dwarfs something to fight (not sure that ever actually happened, but I think that was the plan).

I appear to have been trying some strange painting techniques at the time; I do remember that I used to only highlight figures, no shading, and I didn't highlight or shade metals. It might be interesting to strip and repaint these, but that's unlikely to happen in this lifetime. They look okay when viewed at tabletop distance, and that's the story I'm sticking to :-)

Chronos Foulblade

Chronos Front Chronos Back

Goron Widowmaker

Goron Front Goron Back Goron Side

Charon the Unspeakable

Charon Front Charon Back

Belial Doomsword

Belial Front Belial Back

Urlik Bloodletter

Ulrik Front Ulrik Back

Braxus Dwarfbane

Braxus Front Braxus Back

Elrik Darkhelm

Kirk Front Kirk Back

Arkon Stormrider

Arkon Front Arkon Back

Bloodaxe Gut-ripper

Blood Axe Front Blood Axe Back

No comments:

Post a Comment