Saturday 17 March 2012

Mantic Ghouls

Mantic Ghouls

I finished these ghouls couple of weeks ago, but have only just got around to photographing them. They haven't been varnished yet, as the weather still isn't quite warm enough.

I bought the Mantic undead army deal at the end of 2010 and I'm slowly working my way through them. I'm averaging one unit per year at the moment, so it could be quite a while before they're finished :-)

Anyway, these are their ghouls. They're fairly straightforward - two types of legs, two types of torso and a variety of heads. Despite this small set of parts, it's actually possible to create quite a wide variety of poses.

Ghoul 2 Ghoul 4

The basic hands don't have any weapons, but there are some on the sprue: a meat cleaver, a claw hand thing and a large knife. I think the knife is for the left hand, but I didn't realize that until after I'd glued it all together.

Ghoul 5 Ghoul 1 Ghoul 3

It's not very noticeable, especially when the figure is part of a group.

Ghoul Group

If I had one complaint about the set, it would be that there are too many spikes on each figure. I'm not sure what purpose they're meant to serve, and I ended up removing most of them.

I have another two boxes of ghouls, as well as four individuals I got free from various places. My plan for the loose figures, and possibly another box, is to paint them up for my modern demon setting. For that, I'll probably put them on different bases; I have some grave headstones lying about, so it might be fun to see if I can do something with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment