Sunday 4 March 2012

Rogue Trader Space Marines 2

Rogue Trader Space Marines 2

Continuing last week's tribute to Rogue Trader era Space Marines.

The figures used to be armed with a variety of weapons - note the captured shuriken catapult on the rightmost Marine in the second picture.

Space Marines 5

Space Marines 6

I think this guy was sold as a tank/vehicle rider, i.e. someone hanging onto the side of a vehicle to hitch a lift.

Space Marine 2

These are the heavy weapons poses that I have. The figures can be seen more clearly without the actual weapons in the way.

Space Marine Heavy Weapons

In addition to the shoulder mounted weapons, they also did some crewed heavy weapons. This one is a multi-melta.

Space Marine Multi Melta

I did paint up a few Space Marines, although not very many. If I do decide to paint up the others, these will be stripped and repainted at the same time. Apart from anything else, the gloss varnish will have to go!

Space Marine 1 Space Marine 3 Space Marine 4

Space Marine 8 Space Marine 9

This painted group includes a couple of the original Space Marines

Space Marine 5 Space Marine 6 Space Marine 7

The models themselves hold up well, size wise, with current figures. This is a picture of the original Space Marine next to a Pig Iron trooper and Wardroid.

Space Marine Comparison 1

I still have a box of RTB01 plastic Space Marines in my loft. It's not complete, but most of the sprues are there. Unfortunately, it wasn't where it was meant to be (it may have been dragged back to the Warp), but here are a couple of the figures it makes. These were done as uniform tests when I was trying to figure out what colours to use on the figures.

Space Marine Plastic

Finally, an early chaos Space Marine

Chaos Marine 1 Chaos Marine 2

So, 25 years since Rogue Trader. Will I still be collecting and painting in 25 years? Will I have painted up these Space Marines? I certainly hope so :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment