Saturday 31 March 2012

Finished Undead Priests

Finished Undead Priests

I'm still struggling for painting time at the moment, so I'm concentrating on simple figures and few colours. With limited time, I find it important to see progress being made, as otherwise I find excuses not to paint.

I bought these figures at Carronade last year. I thought they were Reaper Undead Priests, but I can't find them in the Reaper catalogue. The Lord of the Rings Ringwraith figure is from Citadel - The Undying.

Cult Priests 1 Cult Priests 2 Cult Priests 3

Nothing much to them - I used the Andrea Miniatures black set for the cloaks. I only used three of the five paints, as I wasn't going for a carefully layered look. Bit of red for some colour and that was pretty much that.

Cult Leader Horseback Cult Leader Foot

The Ringwraith was the same, although a bit more work was required painting the horse. I made his base using Cold Clay, just to give a bit of variety. I was going to do the priests' bases using the same technique, but I got fed up after the Wraith, so just went for textured paint instead.

I did originally use crackle paint on their bases. This cracks as it dries and gives a nice "broken ice" type look (these are a lot of tutorials about on how to use it if you're interested). Unfortunately the figure was in the middle of the base, and the paint cracked in a pattern radiating out from the figure. It also broke off as soon as I touched it, so I took the hint and went with the simpler textured paint.

Undead Priests

No comments:

Post a Comment