Saturday 29 September 2012

Foundry Plague Apothecaries

Foundry Plague Apothecaries

I finished the Foundry Plague Apothecaries recently, to go with the Foundry Plague Doctors I painted earlier this year.

As I mentioned in that post, I was none too happy to find out that the figures in both packs are identical, except the apothecaries are wearing top hats (and not even all of them - one of them is a straight duplicate of one of the Plague Doctor figures)

Some comparison shots below

Plague Comp 1 Plague Comp 3 Plague Comp 4

I also based the figures pushing the wheelbarrows. They were attached to some bike bases I bought at Carronade and work well enough.

Plague Comp 2

The finished Apothecaries with top hats (I mixed up a couple of the figures, so it's not quite the group as sold by Foundry)

Plague Apoth Group

and both the Doctors and Apothecaries

Plague All Figs

My plan for these figures in games is to use them as elements everything else wants to avoid. If anyone gets near them, say within six inches, they'll be unable to move until the plague doctors are out of range, and will possibly be affected for the rest of the game, e.g. their movement, shooting or morale reduced.

Another effect may be that zombies will follow them, although never attack them. This could be useful, e.g. leading zombies away from survivors, but as I plan to have the plague doctors moving randomly, they could just as easily move them towards the survivors.

I suspect I will come up with other ideas for them, but that's assuming that I actually play a game or two this side of Christmas :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment